The initial stages in organizing a car wash fundraiser are:
- Choose a place that is near a busy route.
- Make sure you have access to a hose or a water system.
- Make a list of what you’ll need: hoses, buckets, sponges, washcloths, dry towels, soap, and so on (etc).
- Assign an item from the list to each team member.
- Make at least ten posters using bright colors.
- Have the students dress in costumes are team jerseys if appropriate.
- Get the word out! (Make fliers and let everyone you know about the car wash)
- Make use of social media to promote your cause.
- Offer a discount for those wanting to buy gift certificates in advance. This works because a great portion of these will never be redeemed.
Learn about more fundraising ideas here.